tRANSFORMING OUR COMMUNITY BY BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS TO GROW ACTIVE DISCIPLES WHO SHARE THE LIFE CHANGING LESSONS OF JESUS.
Stay up to date
bELOW YOU WILL FIND
ALL THE INFORMATION YOU
NEED TO STAY CONNECTED
Dear Friends and Family of FUMCA,
I hope and pray you are all doing well and being safe! I know that this is a crazy season, and my heart goes out to all those who are having to cancel momentous moments and gatherings. From weddings to senior prom, and everything in between, there are sacrifices being made for the health of the greater community. Each week we pray during communion that “we offer ourselves as a living sacrifice in union with Christ’s offering for us.” I’m so appreciative of all the many ways, large and small, that you are making this prayer a reality today. As your pastor, I want to keep you updated on some important church-related details as we do our part in this quarantine moment.
1) Our church building is closed until further notice. All meetings and gatherings have been suspended. Worship will only occur online. You are invited to join us at 8:30am on Sunday mornings by clicking the Facebook link below. You do not have to have a Facebook account to view or comment, so come and be a part of our community!
2) We have an updated way to maintain our prayer concerns online. Below you’ll find a place to list those who are on your heart. All requests will stay up for 2 weeks. If your request is removed and you want it replaced, feel free to add it again the same way. This is a time for God’s people to be in PRAYER! So please pray for those on this list as Pastor Katie and I pray for you.
3) There is also a place to let us know about your needs. Hopefully you have someone who can run errands (groceries, prescriptions, etc). I’ve been told that many pharmacies and grocery stores have some delivery system. If you need assistance, please let us know. It will remain confidential in an email that will go only to the pastors.
4) In the next few days, we will be posting links to several studies and groups for which you can register. These ZOOM meetings will allow us to stay connected even as we practice responsible social distancing. It will be like a video conference… and I’ve been on more of them in the last few days than I’ve been in my whole life. It’s easy and I look forward to seeing your face and hearing your voice! Stay tuned for more info on this.
5) Finally, we want to be able to stay in touch with you with any updates or announcements. Please email me (email@example.com) and Pastor Katie (firstname.lastname@example.org) the best way to contact you… best email address to use, best phone number to call, Facebook message, text?
I already miss the conversations I would have had with many of you this week, but I am confident that God in the midst of this! Please check in on one another. Communicate with your pastors. And trust that the Lord is with you.
Blessings on the Journey,
A letter from Pastor Ashley;
"Absolutely great place to worship! Engaging and inspiring! My husband and I moved here in 2016 and haven’t walked into another church since. We were greeted and welcomed like family! I’m happy to say we will have 2 children grow in faith at this church!"